Founder & President
"The Hollywood Marketing Coach"
Avi works directly with VisionBurst's clients to ensure they get the highest possible level of service, and the most impact for their marketing dollars. Avi is a Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach and gives marketing seminars and classes in the community on a regular basis.
Avi prides himself with his active role in the community, serves on numerous community boards, and has earned recognition for community service.
Awards & Recognition:
- Finalist, Hollywood Small Business Person of the Year, May 2002 and May 2004
- Partner In Education Award, presented by Preparing Youth for Industry, May 2003
- Finalist, Up & Comers Awards, presented by the South Florida Business Journal, 2002 and 2003
- Exceeding Expectations Award, presented by the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, April 2002
- Appreciation Award for assisting children with cancer, presented by Camp Simcha, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Alumnus of the Year, presented by Yeshivat Or David, 1999
- Kindness Award for service and commitment to the community, presented by Hineni of Florida, 1996
Affiliations & Community Involvement:
- American Cancer Society: Serve on the Parole Board of the Jail & Bail annual fundraiser.
- Brauser Maimonides Academy: Officer, Board of Directors since 2002
- City of Hollywood Baseball League: Coach and Team Sponsor, 2003 and 2004
- Emerald Hills Homeowners Association: Officer, Board of Directors since 2001
- Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce: Chamber member since 2000; Chairman and Founder, Dot Commerce Committee; Co-chair, Ambassadors Committee; Designed and maintain Chamber web site.
- Hollywood Shalom Initiative: In response to a need to unite Hollywood’s Jewish Community, Avi formed the Hollywood Shalom Initiative in 2001. The organization works to transcend Jewish denominational boundaries and is endorsed by all of Hollywood’s synagogue rabbis, and many other community leaders, including City Commissioners, State Representatives, and members of Congress.
- HTML Writers’ Guild: Member since 2001
- International Association of Webmasters & Designers: Member since 2000
- International Brotherhood of Magicians: Member since 1993
- International Coaching Federation: Member since 2004
- Leadership Hollywood 26 (Class of 2002): A nine-month class comprised of local professionals, city employees, and elected officials, whose purpose is to hone leadership skills while learning the inner workings of our community and government. Currently serving on Leadership Hollywood steering committee.
- Sheridan Technical Center: Serve on the DACUM verification committee that establishes design curriculum guidelines for technical schools of The School Board of Broward County, Florida, and possibly for the entire state.
- Young Israel of Hollywood-Ft. Lauderdale Synagogue: Officer, Board of Directors; Former Chair, Ritual Committee; Co-Chair, Activities Committee; Member, Youth Committee; synagogue member since 1994
Avi is the former President/CEO of Lurias.com,
a Florida-based online gift store based on the Lurias name (after nearly
100 years in the jewelry & giftware business, Lurias closed their 45
Florida locations; now, Lurias is open exclusively online).
Avi lives in Hollywood, Florida with his wife, Sharon, and three children, Moshe, Binyamin, and Shuli, pictured below.